Walk4BrainCancer 2019 & Wolfy Socks Melbourne Qantas Competition Terms & Conditions
This Walk4BrainCancer 2019 + Wolfy Socks Melbourne Qantas Competition is a game of chance and is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out in the below “Terms and Conditions”. The promoter is Cure Brain Cancer Foundation Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, ABN 22 121 906 036.
All decisions of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation (CBCF) will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
Terms and Conditions
Who can enter?
Entry is only available to residents of Australia who are aged 18 years or older. Proof of age and residency may be required to claim the prize and is at the discretion of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation
Employees of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, their immediate families or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competition.
How to Enter
- Entrants must be registered to attend Cure Brain Cancer Foundation Walk4BrainCancer 2019 Melbourne event. To be eligible for the prize, registered Walk4BrainCancer 2019 fundraisers must purchase a pair of Wolfy x Cure Brain Cancer socks, excluding registration fee, between 17 September 2019 to 11:59PM 20 November 2019, for Walk4BrainCancer.Eligible purchases can be made two ways, via the Walk4BrainCancer Shop only, or at a Walk4BrainCancer 2019 event, held prior to 20 November 2019. Eligible registrants will be entered into the draw to win 1 x Qantas Airways voucher, valued at $2000 AUD.
- Each pair of socks purchased is one entry into the game of chance.
- The promotion ends midnight 20 November 2019.
- The winner will be randomly drawn on Friday 10:00AM on Friday 22 November 2019, by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation staff at their office at 351 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney. Staff will also draw a second and third name in case of a no-show at Melbourne.
- The winner will be announced at Walk4BrainCancer Melbourne on Sunday 24 November 2019. The winner must be present at the event to accept their prize. In the event of a no-show, the winner forfeits their prize. In this case, the second entrant drawn will be announced the winner. If this entrant is not present at the event, the third drawn entrant will be announced the winner. Any previous winners will forgo all claims to the Prize. Any/All no-shows will forfeit the prize.
The result will be published on curebraincancer.org.au and/or walk4braincancer.com.au
- All taxes and surcharges are the responsibility of the winner.
- The offer is non-transferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
- Travel must be booked within 12 months of the prize issue date and is subject to Qantas terms and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to hold and carry a valid passport and any necessary visas.
- The prize does not include any ancillary costs: these are at the winner’s expense.
- Travel insurance is not included in the prize, however is strongly recommended.
- You will be carried pursuant to the Qantas Airways terms and conditions, available on qantas.com.au
- The successful winner release the Promoter from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense ( including legal expenses) cost of charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way
- The total Travel Package retail prize value is approximately $2000 (AUD).
- The Travel Package is offered by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation and Qantas Airways.
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and at the airline’s discretion. All applicable booking terms and conditions apply of the travel provider
- This Travel Package will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The Travel Package will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
- Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from Airlines. The winner is responsible to pay any such charges and The Travel Package cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer.
- There is no residual value and no credit will be issued if the booking amount is less than the Travel Package amount.
- The customer may add services, however the customer is responsible for any additional costs and pursuant to the booking conditions available on ba.com
- The Travel Package cannot be applied to any costs or miscellaneous fees charged by the Airline and incurred by the customer.
- Travel Package is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Cure Brain Cancer Foundation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice and at any stage during the promotion.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cure Brain Cancer Foundation); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Cure Brain Cancer Foundation collects claimants’/entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the claimant/entrant may not be able to participate in the promotion. Cure Brain Cancer Foundation will not disclose this information to anyone other than contractors who provide services to Cure Brain Cancer Foundation for the purposes of conducting this promotion unless compelled or permitted by law. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Cure Brain Cancer Foundation.