Walk4BrainCancer 2019 BA Fundraising Competition Terms and Conditions
This Walk4BrainCancer 2019 BA Fundraising Competition is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out in the below “Terms and Conditions”. The promoter is Cure Brain Cancer Foundation Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, ABN 22 121 906 036.
All decisions of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation (CBCF) will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
Who can enter?
Entry is only available to residents of Australia who are aged 18 years or older. Proof of age and residency may be required to claim the prize and is at the discretion of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation.
Employees of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, their immediate families or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competition.
How to Enter
- Entrants must be registered to attend one of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation Walk4BrainCancer 2019 events. To be eligible for the prize, registered Walk4BrainCancer 2019 fundraisers must raise a minimum of $500, excluding registration fee, between 17 September 2019 to 11:59PM 5th December 2019, for Walk4BrainCancer. Eligible fundraisers will be entered into the draw to win 2 x Economy Flights with British Airways (BA) from Sydney, Australia to London, UK. The winner must have individually fundraised $500, and cannot be won if a team has raised $500.
- The promotion ends midnight 01 December 2019.
The winner will be randomly drawn on Friday 10:00AM on Friday 6th December 2019, by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation staff at their office at 351 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney.
- The winner will be contacted by phone or email and the results published on curebraincancer.org.au on 06 December 2019.
- There is one Travel Package to be won over the period of the competition. The prize is a “Travel Package” which consist of, and is only redeemable for the following;
Return economy flights for 2 People with British Airways
- Travel is valid on British Airways BA15, 16, 11, 12 long-haul only (to London) ex SYD
- Prize does not cover any domestic travel within Australia
- All taxes and surcharges will be paid by British Airways.
- Travel to be completed by 30 June 2020.
- Travel must be booked at least 14 days prior to departure, but no later than 31 January 2020. The Travel Package must be booked no later than this date or the Travel Package prize is forfeited in full.
- The offer is non-transferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
- Flights are subject to availability and no open dated sectors are permitted. Prize tickets are subject to availability and capacity control. BA reserves the right to limit the number of prize travel seats available on any flight. It is possible that there will be no sponsored prize travel seats, even though other seats are available in the same cabin.
- Once the ticket has been issued, a service fee of $A150 will be charged for any changes.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to hold and carry a valid passport and any necessary visas.
- The prize does not include any ancillary costs: these are at the winner’s expense.
- Travel insurance is not included in the prize, however is strongly recommended.
- You will be carried pursuant to the British Airways’ General Conditions of Carriage (copy available at ba.com).
- The successful applicants release the Promoter from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense ( including legal expenses) cost of charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way
- The total Travel Package retail prize value is approximately $6,000 (AUD).
- The Travel Package is offered by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation and British Airways.
- Notification and claiming the Prize. Following the Prize draw, the winner will be notified using the contact details provided by the Entrant. The winning Entrant has 48 hours from the time and date of the notification being sent to respond, provide proof of eligibility and claim the Prize. If the Prize is not claimed by the winning Entrant within this time frame, the Prize will be redrawn on Monday 9 December 2019 and any previous winners will forgo all claims to the Prize.
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and at the airline’s discretion. All applicable booking terms and conditions apply of the travel provider
- This Travel Package will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The Travel Package will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
- Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from Airlines. The winner is responsible to pay any such charges and The Travel Package cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer.
- There is no residual value and no credit will be issued if the booking amount is less than the Travel Package amount.
- The customer may add services, however the customer is responsible for any additional costs and pursuant to the booking conditions available on ba.com
- The Travel Package cannot be applied to any costs or miscellaneous fees charged by the Airline and incurred by the customer.
- Travel Package is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Cure Brain Cancer Foundation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice and at any stage during the promotion.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cure Brain Cancer Foundation); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cure Brain Cancer Foundation; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Cure Brain Cancer Foundation collects claimants’/entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the claimant/entrant may not be able to participate in the promotion. Cure Brain Cancer Foundation will not disclose this information to anyone other than contractors who provide services to Cure Brain Cancer Foundation for the purposes of conducting this promotion unless compelled or permitted by law. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Cure Brain Cancer Foundation.
Permits: NSW LTPS/19/3824; ACT TP 19/04216; SA Permit Pending