The following are the terms and conditions of entry for Walk4Braincancer. These terms are non-negotiable and by accepting an entry to the event via our online registration system and paying a registration fee/donation you hereby acknowledge your acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Warning: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the conditions of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
- This is NOT a race but a participation event;
- The event categories are simply a guide. I acknowledge that I can choose my own participation distance and make my own determination as to whether I will walk, jog or run or a combination of the above.
- I will participate and contribute to the event in a positive and co-operative manner and with a spirit of goodwill and camaraderie.
- I acknowledge that competitive or other sporting events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road/pathway/bikeway users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
- I warrant that I am fit and healthy and physically capable of participating in such an event. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition and provide me with a clearance to participate.
- By participating, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to event volunteers and other participants, event sponsors, event marshals and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives.
- I will immediately withdraw from this event should at any stage I feel any stress, discomfort or pain that exceeds any level that a normal person would expect to experience arising from such physical participation/exertion.
- I understand that insurance cover for participants in this event may not cover all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- This is a charity fundraising event. No refunds will be offered once a donation is made and/or received by Cure Brain Cancer Foundation. I forfeit any and all claims against Cure Brain Cancer.
- I agree to abide by all rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
- I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organisers and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the image for promotional use.
- I agree that I am fully responsible for any possessions I have left in or around the course or at the marshalling area. The event organisers will not be liable for replacement of any personal or other possessions.
- I agree to my name and only my name being supplier to Community Walk Hosts (where participating in a Community Walk) used to check-in on the day of the event.
- I acknowledge the ticket for the event I have registered for is for the chosen event only and cannot be transferred without permission from the event organisers.
- I agree that I will be responsible for and accompany any children (Under 16yrs) that are part of my registration through out the duration of the event
- I confirm that all the information I supplied on the entry form is correct.
- I agree to abide by the government COVID-19 restrictions in my area, and social distance at all times, where possibl
Social Fundraising & User Conduct
I agree to fundraise for this event on the following basis:
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it;
- In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- You must not use the site to send junk or spam email;
- You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter;
- Cure Brain Cancer reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion, including the right to withdraw approval for the fundraiser/activity at any time if it appears there is a likelihood of the Fundraiser failing to adhere to any of these terms and conditions, and/or Community Fundraising Guidelines;
- You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or any other web site.
- You must not to attempt to bypass the network firewall;
- You must not to use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access;
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
Please contact the event organiser, or us at email@example.com should you require clarification on any of the above.